Tuesday 17 February 2015

Day 3 - Trusting

I'm all curled up in a ball just thinking. I'm thinking about the conversation we had this morning about old age, and how the choices we make daily create the person we are becoming, and who we will be in the future. Then I find myself worrying. I don't know how that happened.... it kind of came out of the blue... worry about finances, and worry about health. I sit up. Lord? This isn't right. Help me to trust you. Into my mind comes the wonderful hymn 'I am trusting you Lord Jesus' by Frances Havergal.  

             Here are some of  the words:


I am trusting you, Lord Jesus, 
Trusting only you;
Trusting you for full salvation,
Great and free.


I am trusting you to guide me;
You alone shall lead,
Every day and hour supplying
All my need.


I am trusting you, Lord Jesus;
Never let me fall.
I am trusting you forever
And for all.



I sing it through.... and feel better. Some of these old great hymns are so uplifting. These words, and also the tune, are so simple, but maybe that helps the message sink in more easily. I have three thoughts about trusting.
  • It takes courage to trust
  • It needs a decision to do it
  • It often means moving 
So trusting isn't an easy option because it means stepping out of our comfort zone and putting one foot in front of another in the mist, trusting we're going in the right direction. In my case, the simple singing of an old hymn made all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. So many nails being hit on the head! Xx

    ReplyDelete