Wednesday 18 February 2015

Day 4 - Colours

So it's earlier in the day, but maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all, because almost as soon as I sit in my chair I begin to nod off. I don't suppose it matters too much though.... it refreshes me and I wake up thinking of colour. My rug sets me off on this track so I think I'll share a picture of it with you. it was a present from my daughter, and actually it's a bath mat.... but I liked it so much it now lies beside my bed. 


I love colour. Since we got married my husband has had to go away on trips and I'm quite used to him not being here, but I notice when he comes home that my life seems to have more colour in it. I'm thinking about Joseph's coat of many colours from the bible: it seems to symbolise God's favour as Joseph was his father's favourite son. And Tamar, King David's daughter, when she was raped by her brother, ripped up her robe of many colours - she no longer felt that favour on her life. Certainly widows in mourning have always traditionally worn black because colour is joy and light and laughter and sometimes that needs to be laid aside for a while until we are ready to live again. 

When people have visions of angels in the bible, they are always described as being very bright and bright light accompanies them. We now know that light is full of colour and I think colour in nature is always beautiful, as opposed to some manufactured products where colours can be garish and clash with one another.
God has created each one of us to be full of colour but I think the world tones us down so that we all merge into a general blandness, if we let it. Let's not clash with each other, but allow people to be different. It's about celebrating who we are whilst still being sensitive to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment