Friday 13 February 2015

50 Days of Light.

My Inspiration for writing this blog came one night a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't sleep and came downstairs, made myself a cup of tea and just sat in the moonlight. It was SO bright and beautiful and peaceful I just sat quietly in God's presence. It reminded me of our holidays in Scotland when one of my daughters talked about the Scottish I. I thought she was talking about a Scottish eye at first and was totally confused until she explained it was actually the letter with the moon being the dot and the reflection on the water of the loch being the main part of the letter. Moonlight is like God's reflection shining down on the world, and his presence in our lives is the 'I AM' now-ness.....He's with us all the time. 
So......I had an 'i'-dea! During Lent this year I would  spend an hour each day in His presence and write a diary of my experiences!..... just sit quietly and wait.....and see what happens:) So here goes....
Actually, I'm going to do it for 50 days, so I'm going to start on Sunday and finish on Easter Sunday, and record my thoughts here for others to read if they are interested. I'm SO excited but nervous as well. It feels like a big adventure. To help with the extra time it'll take in my life, I'm going to stop watching T.V. dramas too - it won't be easy as I'm rather fond of them - but I'm going to concentrate on God's story for a while.

So I'd like to invite you to join me on this adventure.

See you on Sunday.

Shirleyxxx