Friday 20 February 2015

Day 6 - Never too Late

Here I am.....with a plastic bag on my head! Yes, you've guessed it, it's that time for putting colour on my hair again :) I find myself asking the question, "Why do you do it, Shirley?" You know, I don't think it's because I want to look more beautiful (even though, as you know, I do like colour!!) I come to the conclusion the real reason is because I don't want to look old. I don't mind the idea of growing old and I actually quite like being in my fifties.... I feel more secure in myself than I've ever been. I think it's more to do with our society's view of old age; we just have little respect for our elderly. It must be a little of how disabled people feel when questions are addressed to their carers and not to them.


And now I'm thinking again of what I mentioned in my blog from Day 3, that who we are becoming is chosen on a daily basis by our own choices. Well, I've changed my mind on that one. While it might be true for us without the power of God's grace, with God's grace (that is .... the flow of His favour on our lives that comes through faith) literally anything is possible. Jesus said that with God, all things are possible, so that means that it's never too late to change; our habits, our attitudes, our thought life. It wasn't too late for Lazarus (read the story in the bible: John chapter 11) and it's not too late for me or you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment