Saturday 28 March 2015

Day 42 - The Power of One

Another busy day...... so I'm sitting here in a quiet corner, in between rehearsal and concert, in God's presence, while people walk on by. I'm thinking about a story I read today about a young girl who made such a godly impact on her village that the whole atmosphere of place began to change. This is the power of one life. This is the way to change the world.

calendar.jpg (600×428)
The power of one moment. Who knows if that smile you gave turned someone's life around and prevented another suicide? I spoke to an elderly couple tonight who were struggling and needed to find a taxi. All I could do was to point them in the right direction, but a friendly face in the crowd can make all the difference.

The power of one word, spoken in love, could be the encouragement  needed to give the impetus to keep going when a person is near to throwing in the towel.

And the power of one decision - of course the biggest decision - to give a life to the Lord Jesus, to serve His purposes, in the case of an evangelist like Billy Graham, could literally be the difference between life and death to thousands of people.

Lord, help me to value each moment, so I can make the most of every opportunity that comes my way. Each moment, each decision, each word spoken, this one life, lived for love, each day.......  

No comments:

Post a Comment