Monday 6 April 2015

50 Days of Light - Epi(b)logue

I just wanted to take the time to thank everybody for all your support and lovely comments over the last seven weeks while I've been writing this blog. It's been a wonderful time for me, a time full of expectation and purpose, and each day I have come to God not knowing what things might come up - or whether or not I might have anything at all to share in my blogs - a bit scary really, but every day something has come. I have not shared every detail of my experience, because some things are just too personal, but I have wanted to be open and honest about my thoughts and feelings, my questions and some of the answers that came my way. I would also like to thank my lovely family for bearing with me during this time, as it has sometimes taken as much as two and a half hours out of my day.


I think, in the past, I have been a little scared of spending agenda-less time with God Himself, because, 
you know, he is God, and can be a little scary at times. It has been easier to read the Bible and take some time to offer Him my list of prayers. This is all well and good, but, after all, He wants a relationship with His children and what I have come to realise over these last weeks is that it is the best place just to be with Him. It's not scary, He won't demand things of me like a stern taskmaster, and it's simply a place of freedom. It's a place to be myself, to escape any difficulties life might throw at me, just for a few minutes, and it's a place of stillness where I can release my worries and receive His joy and reassurance. 
Yes, I seem to have stopped biting my nails (time will tell whether I start doing it again!), and I didn't find it hard to have a rest from watching dramas and films. I think what comes to me is that the amount of time we have in life is a gift from God, and we are responsible to Him to use it wisely. Having time to unwind is fine, but, like drinking alcohol, the amount we do it can grow if we don't keep an eye on it. Having a complete break is good, as it puts things into perspective. Some people don't watch much television so might find this doesn't apply to them, but it's equally unhealthy to work from dawn to dusk and have no time to reflect on our priorities. Spending time with God makes us whole. :) :) :) :) :)

So for now there will be no more blogs, although I may do some in the future. For now I will be concentrating on the '40 days with Jesus' we are doing as a church, focussing on the 40 days after Jesus' resurrection before His ascension to be with His Father. So all that is left is for me to wish you all shalom, and ...... enjoy the lovely spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment